Thursday, May 13, 2010

Introduction to RV Things

People often say "why would you want to blog" and I guess there are hundreds of different reasons to start a blog. I started when I decided to keep a travel log for our friends when we undertook our first big trip in the motorhome since retiring and must admit to being surprised at how many people followed our adventures.

I have an avid interest in all things RV having had a couple of caravans (in my younger days) and now being on my forth motorhome, having built three of them along the way.  I take an interest in all things happening in the RV world, from new developments, clubs, politics, and interesting articles that appear from time to time. Many of these things can so easily be missed unless you happen to stumble on them and I hope by this blog I will help to keep keep people informed and pass comment as and when I feel like it, and I hope you will comment also. My views are strictly my own and I have no affiliation to any links or businesses which may be mentioned here. I am a member of the CMCA (Campervan and Motorhome Club or Australia) and take an active interest in that club. Hopefully my opinions and statements wont be influenced by that association but that is up to you the reader to decide. Please come back often and tell your friends about my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Arthur,
    I have been led to your blog in search for some questions I have about my intending conversion.
    I have a 11 met coach that is now just a shell. The outside is pretty well finished and now its time to do the internal. My starting question is about the inner skin. What have you found to be the best material to line the inside walls and ceiling?
    Then onto cabinetry. One person said that he would not use kitchen-grade board as it will fall apart due to the constant movement and that moisture in the 'north' will be a problem. Have you found this to be the case?
    I have looked in the cmca forum but there is not a lot on this subject (that I have found anyway)
    I appreciate your assistance.
    Thanks
    Frank Wilmink
    jwilmink@bigpond.net.au

    ReplyDelete